- Be fluent in calculation methods using the four operations.
- To be able to apply maths skills within real life contexts.
- To have a depth of understanding that enables them to reason with maths.
- To be equipped to solve problems using maths skills.
- To have solid rapid recall of times tables and other number facts.
- To enable the children to have exposure to all areas of maths listed within the national curriculum.
- We use White Rose to support the implementation of our maths curriculum. Through this, the children are exposed to fluency, problem solving and reasoning in line with the national curriculum expectations.
- Maths is taught in blocks by concept to allow the children to consolidate and deepen their knowledge before learning new concepts.
- A progressive calculation policy is implemented across the school to ensure consistency and progression.
- Prior knowledge is recapped through lesson starters to ensure that concepts have been learnt and remembered.
- Times Tables Rockstars, Numbots and Mathletics are used to support the children in consolidating taught number facts outside of the classroom learning time.
- Gap filling interventions will be used to support children with accessing the age appropriate maths content.
Key Stage One - Year One and Two
Lower Key Stage Two - Year 3 and 4
Upper Key Stage Two - Year 5 and 6
Whole School Curriculum Overview
Websites to Support Maths